Announcing the Teen Summer Dance Party Challenge. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a story (minimum 1000 words) of a romance (at least a kiss and/or groping) between a teen from one of the 11 shows listed below and anyone else from another of the 11 shows listed below.
Dawson's Creek (high school class of 2001)
Jack/Dylan (Degrassi), Perfect Timing by lucy
Joey/Lex (Smallville), Just One Night by tigs
Pacey/Ryan (The O.C.), The Broken Hearted Many, The Open Hearted Few by sathinks
Roswell (class of 2002)
Kyle/Bright (Everwood), Fight The Loneliness by ciceronian
Sean/Lex (Smallville), Put You Half To Sleep by k
Isabel/Lex (Smallville), A Second Look by svmadelyn
Gilmore Girls (class of 2003)
Rory/Ryan (The O.C.), Homesick by jae_w
Jess/Brooke (One Tree Hill), A Real Jack Kerouac by zarahemla
Lane/Pete (Smallville), The Order of The Universe by theamyrlin
Smallville (class of 2005?)
Lex/Joey (Dawson's Creek), Just One Night by tigs
Lex/Sean (Roswell), Put You Half To Sleep by k
Lex/Will (Young Americans), Heaven Is Under Our Feet by oxoniensis
Lex/Isabel (Roswell), A Second Look by svmadelyn
Pete/Seth (The O.C.), Everything To Get To Here by huntertp3
Pete/Lane (Gilmore Girls), The Order of The Universe by theamyrlin
Pete/Seth (The O.C.), Absent People in the Room by sathinks
Lex/Seth (The O.C.), Bad Actors With Bad Habits by hyperfocused
Everwood (class of 2004/5)
Bright/Kyle (Roswell), Fight The Loneliness by ciceronian.
Ephram/Anna (The O.C.), You Taste So Bitter and You Taste So Sweet by belladonna
Ephram/Seth (The O.C.), Awkward Teenage Love by 142978
Bright/Seth (The O.C.), Experimental by kaethe
One Tree Hill (class of 2005/6?)
Brooke/Jess (Gilmore Girls), A Real Jack Kerouac by zarahemla
DeGrassi: The Next Generation (class of 2004/5/6?)
Dylan/Jack (Dawson's Creek), Perfect Timing by lucy
The O.C. (class of 2005?)
Anna/Ephram (Everwood), You Taste So Bitter and You Taste So Sweet by belladonna
Ryan/Rory (Gilmore Girls), Homesick by jae_w
Seth/Ephram (Everwood), Awkward Teenage Love by 142978
Seth/Bright (Everwood), Experimental by kaethe
Seth/Pete (Smallville), Everything To Get To Here by huntertp3
Ryan/Pacey (Dawson's Creek), The Broken Hearted Many, The Open Hearted Few by sathinks
Seth/Pete (Smallville), Absent People in the Room by sathinks
Seth/Lex (Smallville), Bad Actors With Bad Habits by hyperfocused
Joan Of Arcadia (class of 2005/6?)
Higher Ground (class of 2001/2/3/6?)
Young Americans (class of 2003?)
Will/Lex (Smallville), Heaven Is Under Our Feet by oxoniensis
All these shows and characters are owned and copyrighted by other people, the stories coming from this challenge are not for profit, not ever.
Back to main page.
1. Can I write an AU for the challenge? No. The challenge is to combine the two sets of canon without changing either of them, timeframes included.
2. Can I write an x-over with a show not listed? No. One of these 11.
3. Can I write RPS about the actors for this challenge? No. As much I heart and enjoy the RPS, this challenge is about the characters on the shows.
4. Wait, wait, teen and anyone else? Clarify, please? One of the characters in the x-over must be a teen. But the other x-over playa can be a teen or an adult. As in, Sheriff Valenti of Roswell/Sandy or Kirsten Cohen from the OC - not for this challenge. Sheriff Valenti of Roswell/Seth Cohen from the OC or Sheriff Valenti of Roswell/Summer Roberts from the OC - totally okay for this challenge.
5. Are you calling Lex Luthor from Smallville a teen or an adult for this challenge? The twice-married owner of his own business? We're counting him as a teen. According to some canon, he's only a little bit older than the kids from Dawson's Creek.
6. Can I write a threesome for this challenge? No.
7. Can I write more than one x-over pairing? One pairing per story, but feel free to write more than one story.
8. Is it just the main-credits characters to use for the challenge? Nope. Recurring characters are up for grabs, as it were - as long as they've appeared in more than one episode and had a little more dialogue than that guy who plays guitar in the band! The fellow football player who only says 'let's beat up that guy!' every other week! Not them. But other recurring characters, your Sean and Brody from Roswell, your Oliver and Anna from the OC, your Drue and Doug from Dawson's Creek? Please, please do.
9. Will you host the story? No. Only linking. We'll link to lj entries, archives, whatever.
10. What about the people who've died? Oh, the beloved dead. As long as the story is set before their untimely demise, they're up for the challenge.
11. When you say 'canon,' what about the Dawson's Creek finale set in 2008? If you're using Dawson's Creek characters, you can set the story before or after that finale, but for this challenge, you can't disregard those events.
12. How many people can write an x-over pairing? Only two. We'll be updating the page with the pairings people sign-up for, if the pairing is bolded, two people have signed up for it, and it's no longer available.
13. Slash or het? All of it. m/m, f/f, m/f. Whatever floats your boat and you want to write.
14. Can I slash two different characters played by the same actor? No.
15. If I finish before July 28th, can I post then? We want to unveil all the stories on the same day, so please wait until July 28th. If you finish after that, post as soon as you're done and drop a line to us, we'll add your link to the page.
16. Do they have to have sex in the story for this challenge? The characters have to meet face to face at least once, have to at least kiss and/or sexual groping. Everything else is up to you.
17. Is futurefic okay? Yes.